FastReports 5 - Dynamic running of a query multiple times?

edited November 2016 in FastReport VCL 5
I have a report I am working on in latest FastReports 5 in Berlin Update 1

This is a DOT Matrix report.

This is full version of FastReports 5 that we pay for.

I am dealing with a database I have zero control over. I get access to it, but I can't create tables and/or stored procs.

First part of the report runs. This runs a query. Generates and spits out just perfectly.

During this, it builds a UNIQUE list of some information and stores it off into a local tstringlist variable in the report.

NOW here is the hard part... this could be 1...2...3...25... ect

I need to run a stored proc where I pass it bunch of parameters... and one item from this unique list I made.

I then spit that to report whatever is returned.... 0...1..2..3... 25... ect things could be returned.

Then I goto the next item in that unique list and repeat... and repeat it how ever many times I need to from that unique list.

Could not find examples of this or anyone that has done similar?

Almost like I need to create MasterDetails on the fly? Create it... update query call. Have it run the query. Fill in the master detail.

Then repeat the process?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:47AM
    Try to use TfrxMasterData with Height = 0 and RowCount =25
    Run query in the TfrxMasterData.OnBeforePrint event and show query result on the TfrxDetailData

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.