Dotmatrix Printing - nothing happens

edited November 2016 in FastReport VCL 5
Using Berlin Update 1

Fast Reports 5.5.8

Trying to create a new dot matrix report.

Using an Okidata 320 Turbo to test on Windows 10.

32bit app.

I can print from other programs. Can even fire up notepad and kick out a print out.

Do the print out from fast reports and nothing happens. No errors, no nothing. Watching the print job it shows then in the status it shows "deleting - printed"

Windows printer driver, test page print out works fine too.

Using the FRDemo I tried the dot matrix demos there too and same results.

So not sure what exactly going on.

Using a USB > LPT adapter cable. Company I work for use and ship these same cables and oki 320's out to all of our customers that use one of our other products for many years. Just my turn now to get involved.

If I use any of my regular FR3 files ment for laser jet printing and such... those print to the Oki 320. Maybe not perfectly... but it does print. But I still need Dot-Matrix targeted report designs.

Escape commands set to IBM Generic

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 5:34AM
    Assign your USB port with LPT1 or try to use generic text driver if it available for your printer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.