Combine Designer and Code developed Report, or keep seperate and merge

Hi. Im new here and new to FastReport. BTW, I am an Engineer and not a Programmer, by trade.

I have been updating an existing technical Win32 App, originally developed and maintained in Borland C++ 5, now being updated using Rad Studio Berlin 10.1, which comes shipped with FastReport 5. All reporting aspects have to be re-written, so do most graphs.

I have successfully created a fixed format front page to my report, using the Designer. But my subsequent pages are not fixed format, so I need to create them from Code.

I "think" the best way is to create a new Report for the remaining pages (and merge them) with the 1st Page Report, rather than develop the rest of the pages using the same frxReport1, but all from Code.

If this is advisable, is it also advisable just to drop another TfrxReport component on the same form, or better to start the 2nd report from a new form?

Thanks, Advise appreciated.

Comments

• edited 10:46AM

Ive gone with separate reports for those built by Designer and those built by Code. I still intend to merge them later.

Thanks

Closed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.