Fast Reports PDF Image Quality

edited July 2016 in FastReport 4.0
Hi -

I am using Fast Reports Version 4 with Delphi XE2. I have noticed that the image quality is poor. I have tried setting ..

PDFExport.Compressed := false;
PDFExport.PrintOptimized := true;

The "PrintOptimized " option does improve quality slightly but not entirely. What I cant understand is that if you preview a report - then select the "PDF" option from the toolbar and save the report to PDF - the quality is much better . How is that possible ?

Does preview use a different mechanism/ routine for exporting the pDF ? AFAIK, for the "export PDF" button will only work if you have a TfrxPDFExport component added to the project - so its clearly using this to export the PDF. Why then do the qulities differ ?

Thanks.

Dave.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.