Master 1
  Data line 1
  Data line 2
Master 2
  Data line 1
Master 3 - No data
Master 4
  Data line 1

Sometimes (it seems when there is no data for next "Master", Master3 in the example), the GF 1 displays data of the wrong Master. In the example, GF 1 of Master 2 shows data from Master 3 instead of Master 2.

What do I do wrong ?

Thanks,

FR 5.5 on D2010

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 1:29AM
    Without seeing the design layout of your report I can only guess
    you probably should be using true nested groups with data supplied from 1 query across all tables
    with the orderby cclause of the query matchin the order of the group header criteria

gh1
    gh2
    gh3
    md band
    gf3
    gf2
    gf1
    see the main demo nested group report
  • edited 1:29AM
    Excuse me, I should have been more precise. The report has master / detail and subdetail bands, with group headers/footers around them.

I have prepared a very simple project demonstrating the problem. There is no code. Just open the report and preview it. As you can see, the groupfooter that corresponds to Master2 shows "Master3".
    And the problem can also be seen on a simple master/detail report. There is no detail for master 3 and GF of "master2" says "master3" :-(

Project attached.
    Up ?
    Any news about this bug ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.