Vertical Bands - how to avoid having a Header band

edited 10:22PM in FastReport VCL 5
Hello,

I am working on a report where for each master record, I can have 0 or N columns.

Right now I have a scheme like this:

PageHeader

ColumnHeader

MasterData EmptyVerticalHeader VerticalMasterData

The EmptyVerticalHeader is to be able to put my master data fields on the MasterData itself, not the VerticalHeader, and that's the main problem I need to solve: if I put the fields on the VerticalHeader itself, then it won't print them if the VerticalMasterData doesn't have any record. If I put it on the MasterData itself, and leave the EmptyVerticalHeader of the size the fields have, but empty, then I will have the master fields displayed, independently if the vertical master data has or no records for that particular row.

For example:

With my current design, I have something like this:
Field1   Field2   Field3     Column1    Column2    Column3
  R1       R1        R1          0          3          5
  R2       R2        R2          
  R3       R3        R3          1          3          1

If I put the Field1, Field2, Field3 in the Cross section between VerticalHeader and MasterData, then I get a whole empty row for the R2, instead of having the values like the previous example.

I wonder if I am doing something wrong, but I haven't found a way to force this behavior (which sound natural to me) using the "correct" design (as I understand) for a report like this.

Any suggestions?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.