Separator Sheet

edited May 2016 in FastReport VCL 5
Hey,

I searched for hours for a solution.
I have about 500 reports each day to print - each report has 3 - ~100 pages
So I am looking for a separator sheet, that is printed in landscape mode, to make it easier to keep clear of the order of the documents.

I use a printerdialog, so I cannot set fix printer values. In PCL, I call the recycle-bin by changing papertype.

Is there any possibility?

Thanks in advance,
Kaschina

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 11:13PM
    Try to use additional empty TfrxReportPage with landscape orientation
  • edited 11:13PM
    Thanks,

then I get a blank page between my records , but I want to insert a blank page transversely / cross (- dont know which word is correct...)
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 11:13PM
    Are you saying you want a page physically rotated by 90?° (physically "portrait" between your "landscape" pages?

If so, are the printers you will be using capable of this sleight of hand? The paper-path / paper-trays etc. would have to be capable of both orientations.

[I am thinking of the big production printers in the bank I used to work for which had multiple A4 / A4-R / A3 / A3-R trays (and more).]

So what would be required is for your logic to select your "Separator Page" from (say) A4-R tray, while the body of your reports are selected from A4 tray. From memory this means setting the Page Options "Paper Source" in your code.

I'll ask other Forumates to explain how, as we've not had to do this in any of the reports we've created...
  • edited May 2016
    It's getting better [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Yes, I want to rotate physically. We have a few of these big production printers and I already use the "rotated page" in older programs in PCL. Edit: Is there a way, to get the A4-R tray automatically? Setting the A4-R manually is the way it works at the moment - thats uncomfortable![/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.