URGENT: New Data Source Failing

maxhugenmaxhugen Australia
edited May 2016 in FastReport .NET
In FastReport.NET Designer, a report I've been working on no longer works (it was OK for last 2 weeks) - the Data Source connection fails.

I'm getting:
<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name
not found and no default driver specified<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

The existing ConnectionString is:
Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver};server=mysqlhost;database=cams_stf;port=3306;found_rows=1;no_bigint=1;uid=xxxxx;pwd=xxxxxxxxx

Note that the host mysqlhost points to 127.0.0.1 (same as localhost), and it pings OK. Also tried changing it to localhost, still no good.

I then tried creating a new report, and setting up a Data source for it. I selected 'Use connection string', and selected a DSN file. This resulted in an 'Unhandled exception...' - pls see attached image. This DSN file is also used by an MS Access application, and it's working fine.

Also tried reinstalling the latest FastReports file - version "FRNet_team2016_2_17_Web".

As I'm dead in the water, I would be most grateful if anyone could offer any suggestion please!

MTIA, Max

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.