Change editor lay-out

To simplify a little the lives of my customers, I have the need to hide some buttons on the left toolbar in the designer of Fast Reports.
I did so in a way, using the ONShowStartupScreen frxdesigner's event, to make invisible buttons that I don't want to see (like the button for TeeChart graphics, one of the formulas etc.).
It initially works well, but when in the designer editor I change the page using tabs, fastreport redisplay all the buttons, there is a way to avoid this thing!

thank's
Lorenzo

Comments

• edited 7:58AM
    lorenzob wrote: »
    To simplify a little the lives of my customers, I have the need to hide some buttons on the left toolbar in the designer of Fast Reports.
    I did so in a way, using the ONShowStartupScreen frxdesigner's event, to make invisible buttons that I don't want to see (like the button for TeeChart graphics, one of the formulas etc.).
    It initially works well, but when in the designer editor I change the page using tabs, fastreport redisplay all the buttons, there is a way to avoid this thing!

thank's
    Lorenzo

I don't know this way. Can you give more deatails

thank's
    Lorenzo

Simply I find the buttons I want to make invisible in the form designer, so I put the VISIBLE variable to false!
    Since these buttons do not have a specific name as the program creates them runtime, I identify them by assigned imageindex properties.
    The code is like this:

for I := 0 to Designer.ObjectsTB1.ComponentCount-1 do begin
    if (Designer.ObjectsTB1.Components is TToolButton) then begin
    TToolButton(Designer.ObjectsTB1.Components).hint:=IntToStr(TToolButton(Designer.ObjectsTB1.Components).ImageIndex);
    if (TToolButton(Designer.ObjectsTB1.Components).ImageIndex in [25,32]) then
    TToolButton(Designer.ObjectsTB1.Components).Visible:=False;//chart Tchart
    end;
    end;

Lorenzo
  • adam911adam911 Nashville
    edited 7:58AM

thank's
    Lorenzo

Well yeah I would like to know more about it, if you could provide some more details that would be great I guess.
  • edited May 2019
    as
    Can you give more pictures?
    papas games

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.