Keeping title/data memo view components aligned

edited 12:51PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi guys, I'm having issues on a report I'm building with keeping title and data fields (both TfrxMemoView controls) aligned when one of the fields is too long and expands downwards (see attached picture). I've tried various methods of trying to change the Top property of the corresponding field when it needs to move but nothing seems to work, I've also tried a cross-tab object but couldn't get that to display properly. I could just make title and data one field but then I would lose the background colour for the title.

Any ideas as to how I can get this to display properly? I've tried adding code to align the Top properties for the title and data fields on various events from the TfrxReport object (although I don't know the order things happen so it's just guessing at this point) and I also tried adding similar code to the OnAfterData event on the TfrxMemoView controls themselves.

Many thanks,

Tim

Comments

• edited 12:51PM
    OK I resolved the problem, I'll put my solution here in case anyone else has the same issue: I moved each row into its own child band, although because there were so many fields I had to temporarily extend the page size so I could put them all on!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.