Practical use of FastScript

edited 8:57PM in FastScript
Hi! I recently (1-2 months) started to work with FastScripts. It seems to have a very powerful compiler, but every demo is a "Stand Alone" application itself.
I need to use it in a very specific way, so my efforts have been vain in implementation.
My application takes a formula (written in Visual Fox) from a text field in a table, translates it and then executes it in VB. So what I need is to take that formula (it'll be in Delphi by the time I figure out how to use FS), translate through FS and execute it in Delphi.
It sounds messy, doesn't it? ;) Let me show you and example:

1. I have the "concepts" table in a database (it contains concepts to calculate a payroll). "Concepts" has a text field named "Value", which contains the formula to calculate it like "OverTime()", and "OverTime()" is contained in a Delphi Unit which makes all required calculations.
2. When running my App in VB, it calls "Concepts", gets a record and its corresponding "Value", evaluates in a Visual Fox DLL and makes its calculations, returning the value.

So, what I need is to develope an application which does the same as the VF DLL, but in Delphi, of course, using Fast Script. Is that possible?

Thank you all for your attention. Regards,
Alex Tirado

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.