FastReport giving Access Violation error

Haley WintersHaley Winters Mosman, Australia
edited 7:53AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hi all,

I wanted to ask if I can get some help - I sometimes ask for help on the Embarcadero forum if I get stuck with Delphi but now it looks like I'm really in trouble and it is possibly due to how I am using FastReport.

I have an FDQuery that gives me some results from commands that I can type. The results of the FDQuery are pulled over into an frxDBDataSet and I have two showmessages that indicate that they are populated.

My code below gets up to the ShowMessage('E') and then the frxReport.ShowReport throws up an 'Access violation at address 009BB039 in module cool_program_name. read of address 000000E0'.

Are there any ideas on what might be causing this - the majority of the code is from the FastReport4 code based reports example, is there a way that I can check if the frxDBDataSet has been populated correctly?

BTW - I am writing the program in Delphi XE8 on my Dad's work laptop, everything is completely vanilla.

Best regards,

Haley

procedure TMainForm.mnuPrint_OnExecute(Sender: TObject);

var

frxDBDataSet : TfrxDBDataSet; // Was TfrxDataSet
frxReport : TfrxReport;
//DataPage: TfrxDataPage; // This isn't actually used
Page: TfrxReportPage;
Band: TfrxBand;
DataBand: TfrxMasterData;
Memo: TfrxMemoView;

begin

frxDBDataSet:= TfrxDBDataSet.Create(frxReport.Owner); // Was TfrxDataSet
frxDBDataSet.Name:= 'UserData';
frxDBDataSet.UserName:= Name;
frxDBDataSet.DataSet:= FDQuery;

ShowMessage('Field Count = ' + inttostr(frxDBDataSet.FieldsCount)); // for the sample data this shows 10
ShowMessage('Records Count = ' + inttostr(frxDBDataSet.RecordCount)); // for the sample data this shows 9622

frxReport:= TfrxReport.Create(Self);
frxReport.Clear;

frxReport.EnabledDataSets.Add(frxDBDataSet);

//DataPage := TfrxDataPage.Create(frxReport); // No idea why this was in the example
Page := TfrxReportPage.Create(frxReport);
Page.CreateUniqueName;
Page.SetDefaults;
//Page.Orientation := poLandscape; Doesn't like anything I put in here, I don't actually have a printer

ShowMessage('A');

Band := TfrxReportTitle.Create(Page);
Band.CreateUniqueName;
Band.Top := 0;
Band.Height := 20;

ShowMessage('B');

Memo := TfrxMemoView.Create(Band);
Memo.CreateUniqueName;
Memo.Text := 'This is all the page says!';
Memo.Height := 20;
Memo.Align := baWidth;

ShowMessage('C');

DataBand := TfrxMasterData.Create(Page);
DataBand.CreateUniqueName;
DataBand.DataSet := frxDBDataSet;
DataBand.Top := 100;
DataBand.Height := 20;

ShowMessage('D');

Memo := TfrxMemoView.Create(DataBand);
Memo.CreateUniqueName;
Memo.DataSet := frxDBDataSet;
Memo.DataField := 'CustNo';
Memo.SetBounds(0, 0, 100, 20);
Memo.HAlign := haRight;

//frxReport.PrepareReport(True); // This causes the DBGrid to scroll from top to bottom
//frxReport.Report.ShowPreparedReport; // This creates a blank view - no page at all

ShowMessage('E');

frxReport.ShowReport;

end;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.