Subject: Putting DesignControl on Form causes Error

Hello,

when I put the DesignerControl or the ReportControl on a Windows Form, I get the attached error (Error creating Control DesignerControl).

System:
Windows 10 64bit pro
Visual Studio 2015
Framework 4
FR.Net latest Version 2016_2

What have I done:
- Uninstalling / reboot / Installing multiple times
- Deleting the controls from the toolbox
- Manual integration of the controls in the toobox
- Deleting the xml-File in C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\FastReport\
- Tried a new Project / tried several old Projects

Thank you for your help.

Ralf

Comments

• edited 6:35AM
    Hello,

I got a working answer from the support.

If anybody has the same problem, here the working answer:

"You should add FastReport.Editor.dll, FastReport.VSDesign.dll and FastReport.dll to the GAC."

* For it open Visual studio tools folder(C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\Tools\Shortcuts),
    * open Developer Command Prompt for...,
    * and write gacutil -i "reference path+ name.dll"(gacutil -i "Program Files\FastReports\FastReport.Net\Framework 2.0\FastReport.dll").
    * Do this for FastReport.Editor.dll, FastReport.VSDesign.dll and FastReport.dll

Best regards,
    Ralf

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.