Footers on all Design pages

I would like to know if there is a way to overlay a footer on all pages of a multi-page design report. While the page footer works nicely for one page of the design, there doesn't seem to be a way to place it across all the pages when it changes.

For example, I am currently making an architectual-style drawing, with information posted into it. Part of it has design elements, so I have to split it into distinct pages. However, every page should have the same "revision date" footer. Currently, I have to manually copy/paste this footer onto each design page's footer box to make sure that it stays consistent through the entire report. Also, I tried to use report inheritance to solve this, but the report only inherited its parent elements onto the first design page, not any of the subsequent design pages.

P.S. Is there a way to make the page footer band element visually bind to the bottom of the design page? Currently it snaps to below the last data band during design time, and I have some visual elements that need to go in.

Comments

• edited 6:28PM
    Hi,

If you use a template with a ReportTitle and a PageFooter, in your child report who inherit it you can use on the first page the parameter LargeDesignHeight (to true) and it will print the page footer on the bottom of every page.

The PageFooter doesn't stick to the bottom of the page when you generate it? In the design view, it will always be right after your last element, but on generation it should be on the footer of the page.
    stxLog wrote: »
    Hi,

If you use a template with a ReportTitle and a PageFooter, in your child report who inherit it you can use on the first page the parameter LargeDesignHeight (to true) and it will print the page footer on the bottom of every page.

The PageFooter doesn't stick to the bottom of the page when you generate it? In the design view, it will always be right after your last element, but on generation it should be on the footer of the page.

I am talking about a multi-page view in design view.

For example, on design page one we have a table view pulling a summary of the database values, which can extend as many print pages as is needed. This part works fine and places the footer as needed.

The issue happens with the next design pages.
    Design pages 2-4 are architectural style drawings. This is not in tabular format, and is highly dependent on matching the design layout to the print layout. It does not have data bands, but rather individual memo objects with referenced text in them. We still want the footer to be applied to these pages, though. Basically a stamp on all pages. Aside from copy/pasting the contents of Design Page 1's footer onto each page, there doesn't seem to be a way to apply the footer. Worse, since there aren't any data bands on these static pages, any footer data bands we place on these static pages clings to the top of the page during design time, obscuring the visual design.

The issue boils down to using a mix of dynamic and static pages.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:28PM
    Ssam you may be missing some thing here
    rather than multi design pages look at using a child band
    with a subreport object and put your static page in the subreport.
    gordk wrote: »
    Ssam you may be missing some thing here
    rather than multi design pages look at using a child band
    with a subreport object and put your static page in the subreport.

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.