Installation problem

edited December 2015 in FastReport VCL 5
I can not install the update 5.4.0 for Delphi 7.
I had no problems for the XE3 version, but under D7 I can not install it, in practice there are 2 files that i can't install: DCLFRX7.BPL and DCLFREX7.BPL (for the others files I have no problems), the error reported is "Can not find entry point procedure" (translated from Italian).
As operating system I'm working on WIN10.
Can anyone tell me what is the correct method to update FastReport, you must first uninstall the old version deleting old BPL files and then install the new one, or what?

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 9:57AM
    lorenzob wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what is the correct method to update FastReport, you must first uninstall the old version deleting old BPL files and then install the new one, or what?
    Yes! We've found that for reliable installation on computers running multiple editions of Delphi/RAD Studio, it's best to completely clean out the frx*.bpl and fs*.bpl files first.
  • edited December 2015
    I tried to repeat the installation several times, deleting all BPL present on D7 but I can't absolutely install the two libraries I said.
    I even uninstalled completely D7 but nothing has changed on my system WIN10 64bit seems impossible to install the latest version of fastreport (5.4.0), while the installation for XE3 works perfectly!
    Below you can see a message that comes out trying to install the library DCLFRX7.BPL.

fastreport5_error.jpg
  • gpigpi
    edited 9:57AM
    wrote:
    deleting all BPL present on D7
    Delete all FR's files in the system. Check VirtualStore folder too
  • edited 9:57AM
    gpi wrote: »
    gpi wrote: »
    deleting all BPL present on D7
    Delete all FR's files in the system. Check VirtualStore folder too
    Thanks a lot, the folder Virtual Store probably was the problem! Strange on WIN7 I had never had this problem, delete those files and then I was able to install the stuff!
    Again thank you very much! >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.