INCLUDING PICTURES OUT OF A DATABASE

Hello Fast Reports community,

I have been looking out for a Report designer a few weeks and have finally decided to give Fast Report a try. According to the Information I had been able to collect previously, Fast Report should be the right plattform for our needs.
The task is rather simple. It is to create out of an Excel file a "catalogue" displaying article number and the corresponding picture which is stored on the fileserver or on the used Desktop PC.

Therefor the Excel file contains two columns
COLUMN A: ARTICLE NUMBER
COLUMN B: PICTURE URL (Full link to the .jpg file on the file server respecively the local path C:\... on the mashine.)

The compilation from .xls to .xml & .xsd through Microsoft Access works just fine but by placing a picture object into the report designer, connecting it with the PICTURE URL ( Column B ) (Edit Picture -> Data column) the picture area stays blank after creating the preview.

Unfortunately I had not found corresponding information in the extensive documentation nor the Forum how to Import Pictures from an external source.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.