Report Designer and Visual Basic 2015 Express

The first problem is that when the Report Designer is opened in a VB programme, the Preview function only shows the Page Header.

I have been communicating with Support since mid October (yes 6 weeks) and they have been unable or unwilling to answer why this happens.

If I run main programme and call the Prepare Report, followed by Preview or Print all bar one table in the underlying MS Access database behaves fine.

So the second problem is that 5 tables print fine and one does not. I can see no difference in the setup of the report or the table properties and do not understand.

Any views?

regards
Colin Reid

Comments

• The Visual Studio Report Designer is similar to the user interface in Business Intelligence Development Studio in SQL Server 2008 or later, except that it does not have the preview functionality and it saves the reports in .rdlc files rather than .rdl files. For more information about Report Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.