FR VCL version 5.4.0 - Kudos!

PolomintPolomint Australia
edited 5:06PM in FastReport VCL 5
OK. For a change from the whinges and whines about what happens with FastReport, I'd like to comment on the new and improved installer.
- don't have to uninstall first
- don't have to download separate installers for all supported RAD Studio versions
- don't have to "get creative" about simultaneous support of different RAD Studio verisons

Thanks for the big improvement >

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 5:06PM
    1. Yes, you should run uinstaller for FR 5.3.xx
    2. Web installer will be available later
    3. You may install FR for several IDEs
  • edited 5:06PM
    For me 10 Seattle x32 recompile is not working.
    After install the recompile is compulsory (before it was not the case).
    But the recompile all for 10 Seattle x32 is not working. I started it as administrator like usual but it complains that:
    Cannot create file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\fqb230.bpl". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    After a second compile:
    Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReport 5 VCL Proffessional\LibD23\fqb230.bpl". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

For x64 it's working.

OS restart is not helpful.
  • edited 5:06PM
    After i removed all *.bpl from "C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReport 5 VCL Proffessional\LibD23\" I was able to recompile for x32
  • gpigpi
    edited 5:06PM
    New installer should don't block bpls in the system folder
    Try to redownload it

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.