Filling blank space on last page

edited 12:56AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hi all.
I am working on a new report that prints an operations' log.

The report page contains one master band with variable height (set by code) depending on the type of operation. This means in a full page there can be either 5 or 6 rows of data.
When prepared, there can't be any empty space on the last page (to avoid someone writing on it after it's validated) so I would like to fill the blank space with lines full of dots or *. See attached document for example

How can I accomplish this?

Thank you!

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:56AM
    place a memo or a doted line object in an unattached child band
    use the engine.showbandmethod
    write codee to check the engines freespace and repeat the # of times the band shows
    note you will probably need a header and fotter band to have an appropriate place to write the code.
  • edited 12:56AM
    gordk wrote: »
    place a memo or a doted line object in an unattached child band
    use the engine.showbandmethod
    write codee to check the engines freespace and repeat the # of times the band shows
    note you will probably need a header and fotter band to have an appropriate place to write the code.

Awesome, thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.