Empty date fields

Hi

I use date (datetime) fields with formatting a lot. Works great till the moment the field is empty (database value is null).
Then for MemoView with defined datetime formatting the result is 31.12.1899.
Is there a way to tell the MemoView not to be printed when underlying field value is null?

Thanks
Marcin

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 1:25AM
    instead of setting the memos format property
    sett it to plain text and use the iif function in the memo

Date[IIF((<Orders."Sale Date"> = nil),' ',FormatDateTime('mm/dd/yyyy',<Orders."Sale Date">))]
  • edited 1:25AM
    Thanks for the tip

This exactly the way I resolved the problem.
    Actually I was looking for some solution that despite of formatting set for a memo, if underlying field/expression/whatever returns null, nothing is '"displayed".
    Should I create a ticket to have such functionality to be considered for future versions?

Regards
    Marcin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.