PDF Export and PdfA option issues

edited 8:27PM in FastReport VCL 5
Testing in 5.3.6 (also in 5.3.3) PDF Export i have the following issues.

Setting the PdfA option to true i get the desired export but the size of the exported pdf is at least double from what it used to be in 5.2.4.

Setting the PdfA option to false i get the export with the normal size but the font name that it is been stored in the pdf is wrong and it can't be displayed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 8:27PM
    1. PDF/A support was added in the FR 5.3 only
    2. PDF/A option use embedded fonts option too, so all PDF/A files have increased size
    3. For mobile device usage you should use embedded fonts option
  • edited 8:27PM
    I don't need PDFA for my project.
    The only reason i used it its because is the only way to have corect pdf export.
    if i don't use it the exported pdf displays dots "." instead the real leter in the constant text.
    This is happening because the stored font names are incorrect.
    For example the font name "Verdana Bold - Verdana Negreta,Bold" is not a recognizable font name for adobe reader.
    I have not used the specified font name in my fr3's. I have used the Verdana font name.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.