Report to SMTP email

edited 6:40AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hello All:

At first I was very excited that the report might generate my email and handle tie smtp by itself.
Now I admit I'm just getting frustrated.

Has anyone had any luck with the report to email component.
Export to pdf is working so it is likely that I can write my own smtp.

The error is " Timeout expired 503 AUTH command used when not advertised "

PS> the system was using the ini file first and overriding my settings. Now at least it uses my settings.
A hint or tow would be great.

John

Comments

• edited 6:40AM
    My mail server reject mail with "503 valid RCPD command must precede DATA" message if i don't use authentication. If I use authentication i get "AUTH command used when not advertised" message.
    My mail server is ESMTP Exim 4.76. I think the problem is that ESMTP Exim need 'EHLO' command, not 'HELO'.

It is possible that you have the same problem.

Try to modify frxSMTP.pas

procedure TfrxSMTPClient.DoConnect(Sender: TObject;
    Socket: TCustomWinSocket);

Change line:
    s := 'HELO ' + DomainByEmail(FMailFrom) + #13#10;

to
    s := 'EHLO ' + DomainByEmail(FMailFrom) + #13#10;
  • gpigpi
    edited 6:40AM
    In the next build of FR (5.3.12) will be added:
    wrote:
    + Added TfrxMailExport.SMTPStartCommand (HELO,EHLO) property

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.