Saved Dataset name

Mark ElderMark Elder SD, USA
edited 11:45AM in FastReport VCL 5
I keep the .fr3 files for my application under source control. After diffing some of my latest changed I noticed a change

The DataSet name used to start with a "." followed by the name. Now they include the DataModule's name first. So in the following snipit "DataModuleCheckRegister" didn't used to be there.
  <Datasets>
    <item DataSet="DataModuleCheckRegister.checkData" DataSetName="All Checks"/>
  </Datasets>

I'm not sure if I did something to cause this change or if it is a difference between FastReports 4 and 5.

I'm concerned that if I change the name of my DataModule that my reports will stop functioning.

I add all of my DataSets at runtime to the report with code like this:
  if FDataModule <> nil then
  begin
    for i := 0 to FDataModule.ComponentCount - 1 do
    begin
      if FDataModule.Components[i] is TfrxDataSet then
      begin
        if frxReport.DataSets.Find(FDataModule.Components[i] as TfrxDataSet) = nil then
          frxReport.DataSets.Add(FDataModule.Components[i] as TfrxDataSet);
      end;
    end;
  end;

Does anyone know why my dataset tags could have changed and do I need to be concerned about future Data Module renames breaking my reports?

Thanks,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.