Problems with rich text

edited 8:04AM in FastReport VCL 5
I am using a piece of business administration software which uses fastreport to output information and have recently ran into an issue I am unable to resolve. I am getting two different outputs from the same variable in different reports. When I run a report from the "aftersales" section the output is normal as below.
wrote:
New Hood

Remedials sheet 18/12/2014

1 - Supply and fit tops-cut, upstand and top where coffee machine to fit.

2 - Template glass (mantle will need dismantled to fit).
(and so on)

However, when I run a report from the "aftersales reports" section the output appears as below.
wrote:
{\rtf\1ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Calibri;}}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang2057\f0\fs22 New Hood\par
\par
Remedials sheet 18/12/2014\par
\par
??? supply and fit tops-cut, upstand and top where coffee machine to fit. \par
\par

In both cases I have used an RTF object with the same parameters. The only thing that differs are the data set values.

Data field: Description (COMPLAINT)
Data set: Complaint details

as opposed to

Data field: Description (COMPLAINT)
Data set: AFTERSALES

When I leave the data field and set blank I get
wrote:
Remedials sheet 18/12/2014
??? supply and fit tops-cut, upstand and top where coffee machine to fit.

Which is missing the rtf tags but is also missing the rest of the data from the field.

The variable i am using is [Customer details."Description (CUSTOMER)"]

I am not sure what I can do to resolve this issue or if it can be resolved.

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 8:04AM
    Have you checked that there are no "braces" (i.e. { } ) in the "Customer.Description" data?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.