v5.2.8 Delphi XE7 PDF Export Memory Leaks

PolomintPolomint Australia
edited April 2015 in FastReport VCL 5
FYI I have raised a ticket on FR5.2.8+ / D21 for consistent memory leaks on app closure after one or more FR->PDF exports.

The leaks seem to be a new problem, as they weren't evident in FR5.2.4 (and FR5.2.7 caused AVEs).

Cheers, Polomint

UPDATE:

Still a problem with FR5.2.10 - FR5.2.17 >

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 7:11PM
    And still happening in 5.2.11...

FastReport_PDF_Export_Memory_Leak_5.2.11.png
    And still and issue in 5.2.12, but seemingly a whole lot worse (!)

FastReport_PDF_Export_Memory_Leak_5.2.12.png
  • edited April 2015
    Using 5.2.10 when I save a 50 pages document in PDF I have a memory increase of about 200MB for each save. This is a disaster even for a desktop app. For a server I have no words....
    I think that someone do not bother because it took me half a day to patch it in 7 places and memory leaks are gone.
    There are more GetMemory() stored in the same pointer TfrxPDFFont.FontData and only one FreeMemory() at the end.
    Also TrueTypeFont.Indices is not freed.

Best regards,
    Cristian Peta
    Peta wrote: »
    Using 5.2.10 when I save a 50 pages document in PDF I have a memory increase of about 200MB for each save. This is a disaster even for a desktop app.
    Have you tried the 5.2.15 update Christian? It has improved significantly, although still not 100%

I don't have the source, so am unable to fix this myself!

FastReport_PDF_Export_Memory_Leak_5.2.15.png
  • edited April 2015
    Polomint wrote: »
    Have you tried the 5.2.15 update Christian? It has improved significantly, although still not 100%
    I will try it for the next version of our app in other VM with XE8....
    But currently I have no leaks and it is in production and stable. I don't need troubles.

Best regards,
    Cristian Peta
    v5.2.17 update
    Peta wrote: »
    I don't need troubles.

Best regards,
    Cristian Peta
    Amen!

I note that 5.2.17 is much the same as 5.2.15...

FastReport_PDF_Export_Memory_Leak_5.2.17.png
  • edited 7:11PM
    Polomint wrote: »
    I note that 5.2.17 is much the same as 5.2.15...

From my tests, the problem still exists in 5.2.18 also (in D2007 at least) >
    revans wrote: »
    From my tests, the problem still exists in 5.2.18 also (in D2007 at least) >

And it is still present in 5.3.0 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I note also that the D2007 compiler raises several warnings in regard to loss of information due to "narrowing" of widestring constants in frExportPDF.pas ...[/img]
    Is there any fix for this in 5.3.3?

I tried it today and reliazied that none of my pdf exports workded corectly. (All the letters was replaced with dots ".")

• gpigpi
    wrote:
    I tried it today and reliazied that none of my pdf exports workded corectly. (All the letters was replaced with dots ".")
    Did you export to PDF with embedded fonts option?
    No. I don't use embedded fonts because raises the size of pdf significantly.
    Of course the fonts i use are common windows fonts.
    Not sure your problem relates to this topic. Is the problem causing "Memory Leaks"?

If so I think it is a new issue, because my limited testing of 5.3.3 suggests the original leak problem (that I created this topic for) has now been fixed.

>
    I have closed the "ticket" on this. FR v5.3.5 for Delphi XE7 seems to have successfully addressed the problem, at least on the full test of my application in Debug mode. >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.