Access Violation when linking statically

edited January 2015 in FastReport 4.0
I'm using C++ Builder XE5 and Fast Report 4.13.2 (it comes with C++ Builder XE5).

When I tried to compile my application with static linking, an AV will always happen when I execute frxReport1->ShowReport(true);

I confirmed this AV is caused by Fast Report. I started a new, blank VCL Application, go in to Project Options and uncheck C++ Linker->Link with dynamic RTL and Pakages->Runtime Packages->Link with runtime packages, and then drop a frxReport1 on the form, a button to trigger the ShowReport() of the report. Regardless of any dataset linked to the report or not, the AV will happened when the report is shown. The AV does not happen if I compile the application with dynamic linking (check the 2 items mentioned above in project options).

Is this a known issue? Will Fast Report VCL 5 solve this problem? Most of my applications will need to be compiled with static linking, to minimize maintenance (so that my users won't have to worry with all the dll and bpl files all over the places) .

I need to confirm if this is a known issue of the free version of Fast Report 4.0 and the problem is resolved in the newer version, to convince my boss to purchase the paid version.

attached is a screenshot. Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Further information - when I break from the application process after the AV, this is the line it is displaying that causing the problem:
try
admin     Result := Winapi.Windows.MessageBox(TaskActiveWindow, Text, Caption, Flags);
  finally

in the vcl.Forms unit. Screenshot in 2nd attachment.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 12:30PM
    Try to use latest 4.15.13
  • edited 12:30PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to use latest 4.15.13

May I ask where can I get it? It's not offered in the download section of Fast Report.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:30PM
    It should be on your private users dl page
  • edited 12:30PM
    gordk wrote: »
    It should be on your private users dl page

Hi gordk!
    I get now the same problem. I know FR4 is outdated but would it be possible to get v4.15.13 or higher?

Thanks, Pit

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.