rtMultiple

binarybinary South Africa
Hi, help please ;)

I'm having a problem printing pages as 1,2,3..1,2,3...

My report looks as follows :

Page 1:
Page Header
Group Header
MasterData
Page Footer

Page 2:
Page Header (with text boxes with if statements)

Page 2 does not need data from the dataset on page one, however I do set a variable [language] in the group header on page 1. I use this variable for if statements on page two.

Comments

• SamuraySamuray Administrator
    edited 3:34PM
    Tell more about your report. Many details.
    I do not understand what you want to do.
  • binarybinary South Africa
    ;) Sorry
    Basicaly I have a standard report with one dataset with a group header on it and I want to add a page 2 as an information sheet which needs to be printed on the back of page 1.

Page 1 prints ok by it self
    Whats problem?
    Simply add new report page and make all what you needed.
  • binarybinary South Africa
    Hi

The problem I encounter is that the pages still print 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3 ect
    instead of 1,2,3,1,2,3 etc
    I've tried changing the report type to rtMultiple but is seems that I can't figure out what is wrong ;)
    If report has several pages, FR prints all records in the page1 and then all
    records in the page2. If you want to change it, set the TfrReport.DataSet
    property to main dataset and set the TfrReport.ReportType = rtMultiple.
  • edited 3:34PM
    I have a similar issue
    The report generates the result first for page1(Summary) and Details after when generated all the rows from Page1(Summary) records 1,2,...n
    I like to print from page1(Summary) for records 1 and then record 1 from (Details) page (which is same) rather than all records from Summary page first and than Details

more details
    . The report has come through with all the Summary first and then the details have come through at the end of the report.
    I need fix so details for same record Summary and Details come through with the Summary followed by the correct Statement.
  • gpigpi
    Assign TfrReport.Dataset with master dataset to create report for each master dataset record
  • edited January 2019
    Thanks for your response
    Could you please advise which event I should use this code and if you can give me an example that would be great
    Two Pages
    PageName = InvSumPage1
    PageName = InvDetailPage2
    SourceBand
    SourceDB = qrySumInv on Page1 = InvSumPage1
    SourceDB = qryDetInv on Page2 = InvDetailPage2

Thanks
    gpi wrote: »
    Assign TfrReport.Dataset with master dataset to create report for each master dataset record
  • gpigpi
    No any event. Just assign TfrReport.Dataset with your master dataset
    gpi wrote: »

Sorry where can I find this TfrReport property
    Is it part of Page, query,Databand , the example would be very helpful
    Sorry to give you pain
    Many thanks
    Farhan
    Farhan wrote: »
    Farhan wrote: »

Sorry where can I find this TfrReport property
    Is it part of Page, query,Databand , the example would be very helpful
    Sorry to give you pain
    Many thanks
    Farhan

Thanks for your response

I've workaround to fix the issue but not an ideal solution:

Step-1= I've merged both pages (page1 and page2) to be in Page1 and removed Page2.
    Step-2 =>
    --Created Two Databand for two Queries (Invoice, Statment) given the reference Key in Statment band
    (1) Data band for Invoice (Master)
    Group Header on Databand (Statement)
    (2) Data band for Statment (Details) (Reference in Edit Data band for (Reference Key Invoice.InvNo)
    Footer on Databand(Statement)

Kind regards,
    Farhan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.