Excel Export

Hi

I have an issue with exporting report to Excel. I have official confirmation that
I can export maximum 256 columns. Although it's not usual to have such reports,
but I have them [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . Did anyone had this issue ? The one solution would be request from FastReport drop this limit in next version, another one play with source code and rebuild packages myself. If anyone can advice the best way, it would be great. Thanks[/img]

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:38PM
    Try to use export to XML, XLSX, BIFF8
  • edited January 2015
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to use export to XML, XLSX, BIFF8

Thanks, do you think each has different limit ? I didn't write the software I use this component in , so will try your suggestion...

The result is :

for XLSX , Excel reports error and asks for repair this file. I could
    open file after repairing , but it's not WYSIWYG - no merged cells, no borders around cells - not usable.
    All columns are present.

for XML, Excel load file without error, but data is present up to 256th column [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, rest is empty. No merged columns despite appropriate option checked. Above exports are fine up to 256 columns ( with correct WYSIWYG ) At least I have something to raise officially. Thanks anyway.[/img]
  • gpigpi
    edited 3:38PM
    wrote:
    for XML, Excel load file without error, but data is present up to 256th column smile.gif, rest is empty.
    XML and XLSX works OK. See attach
  • edited 3:38PM
    for XML, Excel load file without error, but data is present up to 256th column smile.gif, rest is empty.
    XML and XLSX works OK. See attach

It looks nice , but real report looks very bad and I raised ticket already.
    I can't post samples here.

Thanks a lot.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.