Memos in RTF export not the same size as in the report?

hsmhsm
edited 1:49PM in FastReport 4.0
I have a report with one data band containing a single memo, aligned to width, GapX = 0, stretch mode Actual height, databand stretched = true
There are quite big page margins, making the memo about 15cm wide.
It has to be exactly this size as the RTF export is sent to a publisher for inclusion in a book

When run, the fast report correctly shows a long string in each memo that usually wraps over two or three lines.
Doing a pdf export of the report is identical, as it should be.

However doing a RTF export (wysiwyg = true, autosize = false) seems to make the memo box very slightly wider, by about 0.1 mm. However that's enough to make text that wraps to three lines in the report, need only two lines in the RTF as it can fit an extra word into the top line. This then gives me a blank third line in the RTF and spoils the layout for the publisher.

eg the report might show

The quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog in the
afternoon.

but the RTF shows
The quick brown fox jumps over
the lazy dog in the afternoon.
<blank line>

How can I force the RTF to show exactly what the report shows?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.