Question about recompiling XE6 source for XE7

To those who have source,

If I have the source, will I be able to recompile the 5.1 stable version for XE7? I currently only have the DCU license and my control panel only lists XE6 for the stable version and XE7 is only listed on the current build which has bugs. I am thinking of buying the source so I can recompile the old stable version for XE7 but I do not want to spend the money and find out I cannot do it.

Thanks,
-Bill

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 8:18PM
    I think you will get same error with ebbedded fonts in the XE7
  • edited 8:18PM
    gpi wrote: »
    I think you will get same error with ebbedded fonts in the XE7

Why would the same source work in XE6 but not in XE7?
  • gpigpi
    edited 8:18PM
    Possibly different behavior of code in the XE6 and XE7

Something that might help, and I may do if the problem is too hard, is to run XE6 and XE7 in different VM's and put XE6 on one monitor and XE7 on the other and step through the code together and see where the difference is.

I found the fix:

Change the source in unit frxCmapTableClass line 193 to the below:

The solution was to get rid of casting a pointer to a dynamic array.
        function CmapTableClass.LoadSignedCmapSegment(segment_ptr: Pointer; segment_count: Integer ): TSmallintArray;
        var
          i: Integer;
          WordPtr : ^Word;
        begin
            SetLength(Result, segment_count);
            WordPtr := segment_ptr;
            i := 0;
            while ((i < segment_count)) do
            begin
                Result[i] := TTF_Helpers.SwapInt16(WordPtr^);
                inc(i);
                Inc(WordPtr);
            end;
        end;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.