FR VCL 5 different behaviour from VCL 4

edited 10:31AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hello,
I developed an application with XE6 and FR 4 which print a report composed by 2 pages.
The first page is just a cover witha ReportTilte band that hav some memos inside and a PageFooter band with a page counter memo.
The second page is composed by a MasterData band that contains some linked to dataset memos and a DetailDataBand that contains a DBCrossView.
Before I upgrade to XE7 and FR 5 it worked fine printing all pages.
Now, after the upgrade, the cover is not printed at all, only the pages with the MasterData band are printed.
Why ?

I try to solve the problem positioning the ReportTitle and the MasterData band on the same page using the StartNewPage property on the MasterDataBand but tdata are printed on the same page as the ReportTitle.
after some tests it seems that StartNewPage doesn't function.

I also varified that I can't print a report without linking it to some kind of data.
In FR 4 I quite sure it was possible.
In which way I can print a form which will be filled by hand by my users ?

Thank you,
Davide

Comments

• edited 10:31AM
    ruby wrote: »
    Hello,
    I developed an application with XE6 and FR 4 which print a report composed by 2 pages.
    The first page is just a cover witha ReportTilte band that hav some memos inside and a PageFooter band with a page counter memo.
    The second page is composed by a MasterData band that contains some linked to dataset memos and a DetailDataBand that contains a DBCrossView.
    Before I upgrade to XE7 and FR 5 it worked fine printing all pages.
    Now, after the upgrade, the cover is not printed at all, only the pages with the MasterData band are printed.
    Why ?

I try to solve the problem positioning the ReportTitle and the MasterData band on the same page using the StartNewPage property on the MasterDataBand but tdata are printed on the same page as the ReportTitle.
    after some tests it seems that StartNewPage doesn't function.

I also varified that I can't print a report without linking it to some kind of data.
    In FR 4 I quite sure it was possible.
    In which way I can print a form which will be filled by hand by my users ?

Thank you,
    Davide

> I also varified that I can't print a report without linking it to some kind of data.
    placed all in the title. Do not put any other band.
  • gpigpi
    edited 10:31AM
    Attach your report template (fr3) here
  • edited 10:31AM
    FR5 with delphi 7. I was having a problem with startnewpage on a group header which didn't work, it was inconsistent sometimes starting a new page and sometimes not. I added a header band above the group header and set that to startnewpage which works for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.