MYSQL DATA SOURCE WITH FASTREPORT.NET

Magezi SagesseMagezi Sagesse DRCONGO
edited 1:35AM in FastReport .NET
I am coding using mysql.data.dll version 6.4.7 in my vb.net application and I want to use fastreport for generating report , The compressed file that I download from http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/public_files/53/ and try to compile the mysql project to get the dll for using, the process of compiling is generating errors that I don't understand.

I also wanted to know if there is not dll files ready to use (the project already compiled) so that I only download that dll instead of I compiling it myself.

Here are errors that I get (I updated the myslq.data.dll with the 6.4.7 version):

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Utils' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\AssemblyInitializer.cs 4 18 FastReport.MySQL
Error 7 The type or namespace name 'Utils' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 10 18 FastReport.MySQL
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'MySql' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 5 7 FastReport.MySQL
Error 8 The type or namespace name 'MySql' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 11 7 FastReport.MySQL
Error 6 The type or namespace name 'Forms' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 9 18 FastReport.MySQL
Error 9 The type or namespace name 'DataConnectionBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 11 38 FastReport.MySQL
Error 13 The type or namespace name 'Controls' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.Designer.cs 185 24 FastReport.MySQL
Error 3 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditors' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 6 23 FastReport.MySQL
Error 4 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditors' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 8 23 FastReport.MySQL
Error 10 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditorBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 15 48 FastReport.MySQL
Error 12 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditorBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 91 21 FastReport.MySQL
Error 11 The type or namespace name 'CommandParameterCollection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 61 7 FastReport.MySQL
Error 5 The type or namespace name 'AssemblyInitializerBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\AssemblyInitializer.cs 8 38 FastReport.MySQL

Comments

• Magezi SagesseMagezi Sagesse DRCONGO
    edited 1:35AM
    I am coding using mysql.data.dll version 6.4.7 in my vb.net application and I want to use fastreport for generating report , The compressed file that I download from http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/public_files/53/ and try to compile the mysql project to get the dll for using, the process of compiling is generating errors that I don't understand.

I also wanted to know if there is not dll files ready to use (the project already compiled) so that I only download that dll instead of I compiling it myself.

Here are errors that I get (I updated the myslq.data.dll with the 6.4.7 version):

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Utils' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\AssemblyInitializer.cs 4 18 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 7 The type or namespace name 'Utils' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 10 18 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 2 The type or namespace name 'MySql' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 5 7 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 8 The type or namespace name 'MySql' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 11 7 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 6 The type or namespace name 'Forms' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 9 18 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 9 The type or namespace name 'DataConnectionBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 11 38 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 13 The type or namespace name 'Controls' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.Designer.cs 185 24 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 3 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditors' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 6 23 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 4 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditors' does not exist in the namespace 'FastReport.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 8 23 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 10 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditorBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlConnectionEditor.cs 15 48 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 12 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionEditorBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 91 21 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 11 The type or namespace name 'CommandParameterCollection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\MySqlDataConnection.cs 61 7 FastReport.MySQL
    Error 5 The type or namespace name 'AssemblyInitializerBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\FastReport.MySQL\AssemblyInitializer.cs 8 38 FastReport.MySQL

RESOLVED!!!! I tried to change the version of framework(it was on 2) to 4 and it worked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.