No connection to Dataset

Sometimes, when I start the designer (doubleclick on FrxReport), it is not possible to connect a Report to any Dataset. I use FrxDBDatasets to make the Data available.
I thought, that it is a matter of converting from frf to fr3 Format.
So I tried to design a new Report from scratch. Does not work either.

Sometimes it just works, then again it doesn't.

I use Fr4.15 on Delphi XE. Already have FR5, not installed yet.

Rolf

Comments

• edited 2:16AM
    If I open the Report > Data Menu a Dialog opens, where all available Datasets should be listed.
    This Dialog shows no Dataset.

What would I have to do to make the Datasets visible?
    There are 4 Datasets on the Datamodule in question.

TIA
    Rolf
  • edited 2:16AM
    Hello,
    found the solution myself:
    I had to put a database connection on the Datamodule that I created for thr Reporting.

Usually it is possible to use one Connection to tha Database on different Forms/ Units which is not true for this combination of FastReport and Devart IBDac.

Rolf

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.