How do I stretch a memo vertically to size of data band rows

hsmhsm
edited 11:20AM in FastReport 4.0
I have a master band that displays about 9 rows with about 6 memos on each row. (it will always be 9 rows if that's any help)

I want to have one more memo on the left hand side of the data that displays a fixed text heading vertically and extends over all 9 rows.
I've shown an example (produced in Excel) of what I want in the attached picture. Its the heading in yellow I am after.

How can I achieve this?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:20AM
    Try using a vertical headerband
  • hsmhsm
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Gordk,
    I put one on the page but, depending upon where I put it and where I placed a memo inside it I either got nothing shown at all or got an error 'Unconnected header2"
    How do you use vertical header bands?
    (I did search the user guide but it does not seem to mention vertical bands at all.)
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    there is nothing about vertical bands except the the oldstyle crosstab demo report in the main demo
    and something in the usermanual IIRC,
    but this may suit your needs better, if the vertical memo is always in the same place on the output page use an overlay band
    place the vertical memo in the overlay and set its rotation to suit.
    use large height in design mode and place the overlay band after all other bands on the page or it gets nessy when designing.
    the over lay is a bit of a miss nomer it is more like an underlay.
    the over lay band is processed first and the top of the overlay corresponds to the top of the page.
  • hsmhsm
    gordk wrote: »
    there is nothing about vertical bands except the the oldstyle crosstab demo report in the main demo
    and something in the usermanual IIRC,
    but this may suit your needs better, if the vertical memo is always in the same place on the output page use an overlay band
    place the vertical memo in the overlay and set its rotation to suit.
    use large height in design mode and place the overlay band after all other bands on the page or it gets nessy when designing.
    the over lay is a bit of a miss nomer it is more like an underlay.
    the over lay band is processed first and the top of the overlay corresponds to the top of the page.
    Thanks gordk, That a good idea.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.