Report Inheritance

Kim GreveKim Greve Albertslund, Denmark
edited 7:16AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hi.

I'm using FR5.0.11 and Delphi XE6

I'm having some big problems with report inheritance. It does not work anymore. It worked in version 4x.

My setup is:

One Base report called: frxCuponBaseReport. This report is saved as: KuponSkabelon.fr3

KuponSkabelon.fr3 is a ParentReport for 3 other reports. Lets call them frxReport1, frxReport2 and frxReport3

frxReport1 is saved as: YearbookCupon.fr3
frxReport2 is saved as: SchoolCupon.fr3
frxReport3 is saved as: KindergardenCupon.fr3

I designview (that's in Delphi XE6) I've set frxReport1.ParentReport, frxReport3.ParentReport and frxReport3.ParentReport to KuponSkabelon.fr3

If I doubleclick frxCuponBaseReport to edit the ParentReport. Make some changes and saves the file. And then doubleclick frxReport1..3 the changes in the ParentReport is not loaded. This the same problem at runtime.

I really need a button in the designer that forces a reload of the ParentReport if on is attached.

Any Ideas on how to get this working?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.