Header/Footer is not exported correctly to rtf

Hello,

we have a lot of trouble with our customers because Fast-Report does not export the header/footer correctly to rtf.

Please find attached an easy example.
The report contains a header with <page> and <totalpage>. In the preview the page numbers are filled correctly ("1 3", "2 3", "3 3").
When exporting this report to rtf the same header is printed on every page ("1 3").

Does anyone has a solution for that. At the moment it is not usable. We need a fast solultion for our customers and we are not able to fix it.

With kind regards,
Steffen

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:27AM
    try the latest build 5_1_3 works ok for me
  • edited 6:27AM
    gordk wrote: »
    try the latest build 5_1_3 works ok for me

No it does not:
    1) Downloaded 5.1.3
    2) FR-Report like in first post.
    3) Export-RTF with option "header/footer"
    => No header and no footer is created. header and footer are included in body (and only once on first page (header) and last page (footer)).

4) Export-DocX
    => No header and no footer is created. header and footer are included in body

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:27AM
    in your demo .fr3 file you have no headers and footers only a page header
    set the rtf export to text and the page numbers are exported correctly
    opend in ms word
    Yes, I mean page headers and page footers, not headers/footers.

These page headers / page footers are not exported correctly to rtf/docx as described above.

Setting rtf export to "text" does not create real page headers. It puts the page headers/page footers in the text body. When editing the final document (adding rows/deleting rows) the "page headers/footers" does not stay on top/bottom of the page.

Setting rtf export to "header/footer" creates
    - a real page header with wrong page numbers
    - no real page footer, page footer text in body.
    gordk wrote: »
    in your demo .fr3 file you have no headers and footers only a page header
    set the rtf export to text and the page numbers are exported correctly
    opend in ms word
    I have got no reaction from you for one week.

Can you reproduce the problem? Or can I provide further information/examples?

I guess nearly all people using rtf-export should have this problem. It seems to be a common issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.