Fulltext search within report

Hi there folks,

I have been asked by one of our customers if a fulltext-search within a fastreport is possible.
Any ideas how this can be solved?
Is it possible at all?

Comments

• edited 10:03PM
    Ok, since I do not get any replies for my questions, does maybe anyone know a community which is active regarding fastreports?
    This one seems to be pretty quiet.
  • gpigpi
    edited 10:03PM
    Do you want to find some text in the prepared report by code?
    No, I would like to have something like Ctrl+F in the text of the generated report.
    Ist this possible?
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 10:03PM
    you already have a text search in the preview window ju8st click on the eyeglass button
    I hope you are kidding me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I will check it tomorrow, thanks in advance![/img]
    Yep, found it, thank you!!!
    Is there a way to search in generated fr3-files?
    You can search for everything that has been added in the "code"-part, but you can't search on the items that are in design time.

For exemple: I would like to know on which reports a given field has been used.
    I do have > 1000 fr3-files, so I would like to search into the existing files without opening them.
    Slyke wrote: »
    Is there a way to search in generated fr3-files?
    You can search for everything that has been added in the "code"-part, but you can't search on the items that are in design time.

For exemple: I would like to know on which reports a given field has been used.
    I do have > 1000 fr3-files, so I would like to search into the existing files without opening them.

Are you talking about FastReport Report (.FR3) or Prepared Report (.FP3) ? Both files are in XML format, so you can search in them using grepwin or another software of your choice. In the Report (.FR3), you will have access to all the properties that have been modified in the report. In the Prepared Report (.FP3), you will only have access to the resulting strings.
    I was talking about fr3 files.

I know that fr3-files are xml-files, but the content that has made at design time, isn't readable in the file.
    All the text that has been entered in memo-fields are shown as 044677777777C78976B5CYU7686 and so on...
    How can I search on it, because there is real text in it...
  • edited December 2015
    Slyke wrote: »
    I was talking about fr3 files.

I know that fr3-files are xml-files, but the content that has made at design time, isn't readable in the file.
    All the text that has been entered in memo-fields are shown as 044677777777C78976B5CYU7686 and so on...
    How can I search on it, because there is real text in it...

My TfrxMemoView text are all stored in plain text.

However, TfrxRichView seems to be stored in Hexadecimal. I don't think it is possible to search within TfrxRichView from outside the report without a custom made program.

[EDIT] I would avoid using TfrxRichView unless absolutely necessary, since it will be exported (PDF, ...) as an image.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.