Using LEFT/RIGHT Functions to specify records returned

edited 10:35PM in FastReport .NET
I've got a column in my report database table that has up to 23 characters separated in a 2.5.5.8 configuration. Some items are 2DOT, some are 2DOT5DOT, 2DOT5DOT5DOT and some are the full code, like this:

I want to group on the items that have a 2DOT configuration, 02., 15., 16., etc. I tried setting up a Parameter and using this formula "LEFT([IDW_COSTDETAIL.ITEM_REFERENCE], 3)" but the report generates an error message that says, "The name 'LEFT' does not exist in the current context."

How can I do this in the report? Do I have to generate another table that splits out those specific codes instead?

Thanks,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.