Sending Text to Next Page in FastReport FMX

Hello,

I've just purchased the Pro version of FastReport FMX and I'm trying to figure out how it works.

Right now I would like to solve the following problem.

In FastReport I have placed several lines of text in a Text Object whose WordWrap property is set to True and whose height stretches vertically according to the number of lines it contains. Please consider that the Text object is not linked to any database as it will only contain a list of items created on the fly that are not going to be saved anywhere. I would like to use FastReport just to be able to print out the multiline text on paper.

Now, my question is, how can you set up the report in such a way so as to create a new page automatically when the lines in the Text object exceed the vertical space available on the page? In other words, is it possible to generate new pages automatically if you only use a multiline Text object and no Data Band?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 3:22PM
    use a masterdata band do not assign it any dataset, set its rowcount property to 1
    set stretch and allow split properties to true
    set the memoview stretch mode to suit.
  • edited July 2014
    gordk wrote: »
    use a masterdata band do not assign it any dataset, set its rowcount property to 1
    set stretch and allow split properties to true
    set the memoview stretch mode to suit.

Your explanation was crystal clear and it worked like a charm.
    Thank you very much indeed. You have been very helpful.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.