PDF Embedded Fonts still lack some flexibility

Thank you for the long waited Fast Report 5.

I had upgraded to FR5 enterprise 2 days ago mainly because of the PDF export embedded fonts.

I tested and find that it only partially worked in my case.

If the memo is defined in Chinese fonts and it contain some Chinese words, it work.

However, if the fonts is defined as English fonts and it contain some Chinese words, it become square.

In nowadays unicode world, we have quite some situation that multiple language (Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese / Japanese / Korean etc) is shown in the same memo. So how can we specify a fonts for that?

In fact, our former setting of FR4 + eDocEngine can handle this case well enough. However, we want to get rid of eDocEngine as it had other computability issues and now FR5 can embed partial fonts.

I have attached 2 files, 1 is generated by FR5 and the other is generated by our former set-up of FR4 + eDocEngine. Look for Header and footers for squares generated by FR5
I also tried to upload the fp3 for this report but failed.

Please would you improve this so that we can rely on Fast Report alone to handle the PDF issues?

Thank you very much.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.