End-User Designer

Hi,

I want end users to create and edit reports. I have three TDataSets and three TfrxDBDataSets. I have no restrictions set. I load the relevant queries into my TDataSets, prior to launching the report.

If I call
frxReport1.ShowReport(true)
and then click Edit Page, all of the File - New options are disabled. Report - Variables, Styles, and Options are disabled. I can click Report - Data, and I get a list of my three Report DataSets. I can check them. If I open the Data Tree, I can see my three data sets, with my columns. If I save the report, close it, and go back into it, I have to go through those same steps.

If I call
frxReport1.DesignReport()
the designer opens and everything is enabled. If I click Report - Data, I get a dialog captioned "Connections." There are no connections listed and I cannot see my TfrxDBDataSets.

I do not want the user to create a connection to the database. I want the user to access the three TfrxDBDataSets only. Is it possible to grant end-users this access? If so, how?

Thanks,

David

Comments

• edited 7:15AM
    Hi,

I discovered that I can call
    frxReport1.DataSets.Add()
    prior to calling

That does not work, when calling
    frxReport1.ShowReport(true).
    Is there something that will work for that?

Thanks,

David
    dpedrelli wrote: »
    Hi,

I want end users to create and edit reports. I have three TDataSets and three TfrxDBDataSets. I have no restrictions set. I load the relevant queries into my TDataSets, prior to launching the report.

If I call
    frxReport1.ShowReport(true)
    and then click Edit Page, all of the File - New options are disabled. Report - Variables, Styles, and Options are disabled. I can click Report - Data, and I get a list of my three Report DataSets. I can check them. If I open the Data Tree, I can see my three data sets, with my columns. If I save the report, close it, and go back into it, I have to go through those same steps.

If I call
    the designer opens and everything is enabled. If I click Report - Data, I get a dialog captioned "Connections." There are no connections listed and I cannot see my TfrxDBDataSets.

I do not want the user to create a connection to the database. I want the user to access the three TfrxDBDataSets only. Is it possible to grant end-users this access? If so, how?

Thanks,

David
  • gpigpi
    edited 7:15AM
    Does TfrxDesigner.Standalone = False?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.