PDF export converts vector graphics, barcodes and stuff to JPEG

Hi there.

Fast Report can print reports flawlessly.

I have a vector graphic (TMetafile) and a barcode object in my report. They get printed fine. But when I export to PDF, Fast Reports saves them as heavily compressed JPEG graphics. The chart loses quality and I fear trouble with trying to read back a barcode that came from a pdf. How can I circumvent those problems?
Also, half a megabyte for just one page is a bit huge.

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• By the way, setting Quality of the TfrxPDFExport component to 0, 10, 50 or 100 has absolutely no effect.

This is how I export
    myReport.PrepareReport();
    frxPDFExport1.FileName := 'x:\myFile.pdf';
    myReport.Export(frxPDFExport1);

Is there anything wrong with that?
  • edited 1:22AM
    By the way, setting Quality of the TfrxPDFExport component to 0, 10, 50 or 100 has absolutely no effect.

This is how I export
    myReport.PrepareReport();
    frxPDFExport1.FileName := 'x:\myFile.pdf';
    myReport.Export(frxPDFExport1);

Is there anything wrong with that?
    All barcode and qrcode object converted as jpeg image - see frxPDFFile.pas source code.
    Export into PDF file can't use JBIG2 format - it's not supported by developers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.