Could not compile used unit 'frxClass.pas'

edited 9:19AM in FastReport VCL 5
I Installed 5.0.9 into D2007 and then XE. I created a simple project in XE and I get a compile error "[DCC Fatal Error] Frm_Invoicing.pas(11): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'frxClass.pas'"

The path in XE is pointing to "S:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\FastReport 5\LibD15" which is where I installed it.

How can I fix this problem?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 9:19AM
    Set permissions for full access for all users for S:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\FastReport 5\LibD15 folder
  • edited May 2014
    gpi wrote: »
    Set permissions for full access for all users for S:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\FastReport 5\LibD15 folder

Nothing. I gave everyone in the security list Full Control then I added Everyone with Full Control then I backed up to the Fast Report folder itself and did the same. Still have the problem.

See attached images.

• edited 9:19AM
    It appears that Fast Reports cannot be installed into more than one IDE.

If I uninstall and then only install in XE then it works. But I am unable to install into D2007 because the installer first wants to unistall the XE installation.

• gpigpi
    edited 9:19AM
    wrote:
    It appears that Fast Reports cannot be installed into more than one IDE.
    If you have a sources -you can compile FR packages for any IDE by recompile.exe
    If you don't have a sources - install FR fpr one IDE, store FR's LibDx folder, uninstall it, install FR for another IDE, restore LibDx folder and add FR design-time packages in the first IDE
  • edited 9:19AM
    Bill E wrote: »
    I Installed 5.0.9 into D2007 and then XE. I created a simple project in XE and I get a compile error "[DCC Fatal Error] Frm_Invoicing.pas(11): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'frxClass.pas'"

The path in XE is pointing to "S:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\FastReport 5\LibD15" which is where I installed it.

How can I fix this problem?

I think when compiling, change the path to \source in Delphi Library.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.