Print Detail Hedaer, if Detail Data is Empty

osmantaskiranosmantaskiran Turkey
edited September 2004 in FastReport 3.0
I have Master Data - Detail Header - Detail Data - Detail2 Header - Detail2 Data

How can i print detail header and detail2 header if detail data is empty and if detail data2 is empty.

I did try "Print if Detail Empty" but this option doesnt working.

Thanks...

Comments

• edited 12:01AM
    headers can't be printed if corresponding databand is empty.
    Is that true... "headers can't be printed if corresponding databand is empty.".

What if the report needs to show that there are no results?
    -Bridget
  • gpigpi
    edited 12:01AM
    You may create child band, copy all objects from header to child band and show child band when you need with Engine.ShowBand command in script
    Can you provide a simple example report I can open in the designer showing how to get the child band to print when the detail dataset is empty? I've got a simple master->detail report with all objects on the child band and can't get this suggestion to work.
    gpi wrote: »
    You may create child band, copy all objects from header to child band and show child band when you need with Engine.ShowBand command in script
  • gpigpi
    Easy way: use TfrxDetailData band with RowCount = 1 instead of TfrxHeader band
  • edited December 2017
    I don't understand that at all. Why would I want to get rid of the TfrxHeader band? Isn't the RowCount property hardwired via the underlying table?

I work best from examples. I'm just trying to get a Detail band to show up once when the dataset is empty so the user understands what's going on.
    gpi wrote: »
    Easy way: use TfrxDetailData band with RowCount = 1 instead of TfrxHeader band
  • gpigpi
    Create small demo project with standart Delphi's components and locsl database like FRDemo database and send it to support@fast-report.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.