Save reports to database BLOB, not file system

edited May 2014 in FastReport VCL 5
I want to save Report Definitions to a BLOB field in a database and I see that FastReports has a Load and Save To stream method. However what I want is when the user edits the report and clicks save, I want to save the report to the BLOB field and not to the file system. In fact I would like to disable the ability to save to the file system to avoid user confusion.

Is this possible?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 8:01PM
    See a demo in the attach
  • edited 8:01PM
    gpi wrote: »
    See a demo in the attach

Thank you, solves my problem perfectly. I see I can also support the Save As to BLOB.

I noticed that you had no return result, I could not find any documentation and through experimenting I found that returning True allows the designer to know the report has been saved and thus disables the save button.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.