Suppress Blanks in TfrxMemoView?

edited 2:28PM in FastReport VCL 5
I am trying to create an address block and suppress blanks. I have HideZeros set to true but it does nothing. Below is my code

[Uppercase(Trim(<EE."Last_Name">) + ', ' + Trim(<EE."First_Name">))]
[Uppercase(Trim(<EE."Addr1">))]
[Uppercase(Trim(<EE."Addr2">))]
[Uppercase(Trim(<EE."City">) + ', ' + Trim(<EE."State">) + ' ' + Trim(<EE."Zip">))]

Comments

• edited 2:28PM
    Btw if no one has a in built answer and is reading this, here is a retarded but short solution:

[Uppercase(Trim(<EE."Last_Name">) + ', ' + Trim(<EE."First_Name">))]
    [Uppercase(Trim(<EE."Addr1">) + IIF(Trim(<EE."Addr2">)='', '', #13+Trim(<EE."Addr2">)))]
    [Uppercase(Trim(<EE."City">) + ', ' + Trim(<EE."State">) + ' ' + Trim(<EE."Zip">))]
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 2:28PM
    procedure mLabelOnAfterData(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    var i: integer;

begin
    for i := TfrxMemoView(Sender).Lines.Count - 1 downto 0 do
    begin
    if TfrxMemoView(Sender).Lines.Strings = '' then
    TfrxMemoView(Sender).Memo.Delete(i);
    end;
    end;
    mlabel is the name of the memoview.
  • edited 2:28PM
    Seriously? There's no way in FastReports to suppress a blank line? This is very nearly a deal-killer for reporting tools.

Adding programmatic backing to each and every memo field that you want to suppress isn't really a solution.

Especially for those of us using the FastReports VCL in Delphi where we can't add in backing code and have to handle it within Delphi - we can't add in Event handlers.

There must be SOME way to suppress the printing of blank lines. This is basic Report Generator 101 stuff.

Jeff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.