DesignReport does not pop up design window

Delphi XE5, licensed version Fast Report 4.1.5. When I call DesignReport method nothing happens. When I trace through my code it hits that code but goes by it too fast for anything to really happen.

Code looks like this.

PrintPOFastReport.frxReport1.DesignReport;

Thanks, Wayne

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 7:47PM
    Did you add TfrxDesigner on the form?
  • edited 7:47PM
    Yes I do have that on the form.
  • gpigpi
    What edition of FR do you use? Run-time designer doesn't included in the FR Embarcadero and FR Basic
    I am using a licensed version of Fast Report 4.15, not the built in version that comes with Delphi XE5.
    Did some more work on this.

Created a standard VCL application that has just an TfrxReport and TfrxDesigner component on it. Added a button that executes frxReport1.DesignReport

When I click the button nothing happens. I added the units frxClass and frxAbout to the project and ran it again. Now the designer pops up as expected.

If I look at the code in frxClass.DesignReport method, there is an $IFDEF around the code that runs the designer, that skips all the code if it thinks this is a lite or basic version.

How do I get around this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no change.

Thanks.

• gpigpi
    It seems you still use FR Embarcadero edition. Uninstall all instances of FR, remove all FR's Files and folders (see hidden and system folders too) and then install FR again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.