VCL 5 Question - PrintArray and PrintStringList Examples

TMSTMS
edited 7:08PM in FastReport VCL 5
I am trying to build my own applications similar to the PrintArray and PrintStringList examples which come with VCL5 (data created dynamically instead of via a database table).

1) I drop a frxREPORT and a frxUserDataSet on my form
2) I add some fields to frxUserDataSet
3) I open frxReport in the editor, add a MasterData Band, add the frxUserDataSet as the band's DataSet, and add a few fields to the band from frxUserDataSet

I encounter two problems

1. The frxReport1GetValue handler never fires, so I can't assign anything to the "Value" variant as is done in the PrintArray and PrintStringList examples

2. The frxUserDataSet1GetValue handler fires, but no matter what I return as "Value", the fields in the MasterDataBand remain blank. My report is just a bunch of blank lines.

What must I do to get the frxReport1GetValue handler to fire?

Why does assigning a value to "var Value: Variant" in the frxUserDataSet1GetValue handler have no effect?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• edited 7:08PM
    Make sure you properly configured TfrxUserDataSet.
    I.e. assing RangeEnd mode and records count (if you are using reCount mode).

If you dataset has no records , the result will be an empty report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.