Continuous Stationary

PJCFPJCF Jersey, Channel Islands, UK
I have a print job that must use continuous stationary on a Digital LA400 printer, as we will print to pre-printed continuous stationary and it is important that the registration does not slip during the very long print run. The line printers we use work in 6 lines per inch not in millimetres and I cannot see how to specify the paper setup in Fast Reports.

I have a box of plain paper which is 11 inches in height and therefore will print up to 66 lines. We need to setup the page options correctly. But the size option only has types such as Letter, Legal, A4, A5 etc. I have selected unlimited height. What size option should I choose as there is no option for continuous?

Maybe it should not be continuous, but I should set the page length to either 66 lines or 11 inches. Either way I still don't know how to do this.

Please can you advise me how to do this?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:25AM
    Hi
    iwould try a standard page size.
    Also the unlimited option is only to give you extra height in the designer only,used if you have a lot of bands on the design page.
    regards ;)
  • PJCFPJCF Jersey, Channel Islands, UK
    Many thanks Gord

I have done a lot of testing and have come to the same conclusion. If I use A4 paper (297mm) everything works fine.

Thanks for your prompt suggestion.

Regards Peter
  • PJCFPJCF Jersey, Channel Islands, UK
    I am still having trouble with this printing problem. I have an Digital LA400 and am trying to print onto 12" continuous paper. When I do, it prints at 297mm which is A4. I think the problem is that I have a short form that I want to print 3 records on each sheet and then start at the correct place at the top of the next page (the distance from the fist record to the fourth record on the new sheet must be 12".

In FR I can only set the height of the Master Data Band to 356 because I am limited overall to 1069. It seems that I cannot tell the FR system that I will be printing to 12" until I select the printer.

I need to select a paper option for 12" paper but cannot see how I can add another option. Is there somewhere I can define the length of a new type of paper?

I have looked in the printer setup but even when I select one in that it is not available in the paper option screen.

Please can anyone help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.