Cannot load Fast Reports Designer

I just bought Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5, which includes Fast Reports, and I am a total novice to the software. I am trying to call the FastReports Designer by including the "frxDesgn.hpp" file as described in Section 1.2 - Designing a report of the Programmer's Manual. However, even after including the line
#include <frxDesgn.hpp>
at the top of my code, it still doesn't do anything. After dropping a TfrxReport component called frxReport1 on my form, my main code looks like this:
TfrxDesigner* MyDesigner = new TfrxDesigner(this);
frxReport1->DesignReport(); // show Modal by default
delete MyDesigner;

Nothing happens. The call to DesignReport() is ignored. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited February 2014
    FR Designer isn't included in FR Embarcadero Edition and FR Basic
  • edited 8:17AM
    gpi wrote: »
    FR Designer isn't included in FR Embarcadero Edition and FR Basic
    If that is the case how does one create a report?
  • edited 8:17AM
    If you drag a TfrxReport component onto the form of a project and then double-click on its icon, it will take you to the Designer. But then you have a TfrxReport component on your form that you don't need. I always like to create my reports all at runtime.

Is there a way to launch the Designer through Windows Explorer?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.